18th ANNUAL FREEDOM 5K, 10K RUN/WALK
The Freedom 10K, 5K and 1 Mile Run/Walk is an annual tradition for families, friends, and competitors of all ages that is dedicated to our military veterans, both active and retired. This year’s event will be on Thursday, July 4, 2019. This year the family friendly fun run features a distance for everyone. The traditional 5K distance remains at this Fourth of July event, along with a 2nd running of the 10K. For those looking for a shorter event there is the 1-Mile Bling Run, and a 1-Mile Fun Run. All events begin and end at Faurot Park in Lima, Ohio.
Race Schedule: Registration will be held at the shelter house just to the East of the starting line. Registration opens at 6:00AM with the 10K race starting at 8:00AM. Next up the 5K race will begin at it’s new time with the gun sounding at 8:30AM. Finally, the 1 Mile Bling and Fun run will round out the races starting at 8:30AM.
Be sure to sign up now to secure your commemorative Race Shirt and Medal!
REFUND POLICY: All payment transactions are binding and non-refundable
Race Day Registration
$35.00. Registration will open at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4th at the Rotary Pavilion in Faurot Park. Participants waiting until race day to register will receive a goodie bag but will not receive a t-shirt. Race day registration will close at 8:00 a.m. to ensure that all participants are entered into the chip timing system. This event start time will not be delayed due to runners attempting to register or pick up race packets.
Race Day Instructions
- Important: Please listen to the instructions that will be given before the start of the race.
- To insure that the chip timing system is accurate, the race bib must be clearly visible on the front of the torso, and pinned in all four corners.
- The race bib cannot be altered or modified (do not fold or wrinkle).
- Do not cover the race bib (jackets, runner’s belts, water bottles, stopping your watch and etc.
- Make sure you cross over the mats at the start and finish of the race. Allow space around you at the start to allow the system to pick up your bib. Do not crowd up to the person in front of you. Your chip time will not start until you cross over the mat. If you are not picked up by the system at the start you will be given a gun time only.
- If you are walking /pushing a stroller, please position yourself towards the rear of the pack. Runners pushing strollers should be in their appropriate mile time area.
- Walkers should really position themselves towards the back of the pack. Runners trying to get around walkers can cause a lot of congestion at the start of the race.
- Please try to keep towards the right during the race.
- At the race finishes… PLEASE DO NOT STOP…continue through the chute.
- After you have crossed the finish mats do not return to the finish area with your bib, the mats will try to pick you up again and may jeopardize the data from the current finishers.
- Get your refreshments.
Competition will be held in the following age groups for Men and Women: 10 & Under; 11-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; and 70 & Over.
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place finishers Overall for both men and women, as well as at least the top three men and women in each age division. NO duplication’s. Babies/Children in strollers are not eligible for awards. Final, detailed results will be posted on this website.
AT THE REQUEST OF OUR RACE COMMITTEE, PLEASE NO ROLLERBLADES, BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, OR PETS. THANK YOU!