16th ANNUAL FREEDOM 5K RUN/WALK
The Freedom 5K Run/Walk is an annual tradition for families, friends, and competitors of all ages that is dedicated to our military veterans, both active and retired. This year’s event will be on Tuesday, July 4, 2017. The race begins at 9:00 a.m. by the cannon (on Cole Street) in Faurot Park. The Freedom 5K features state-of-the-art MyLaps bibtag timing.
Only $12.50 (online registration) and $13.50 (paper registration) when entered by June 15, 2017. Entries received between June 16th and July 2nd will have the same pricing but will not include a t-shirt. Entries may be mailed or dropped off (Monday-Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.) to:
City of Lima Central Services
Attention: Freedom 5K
900 S. Collett Street
Lima, OH 45804
Pre-registration before June 16th guarantees participants a new race t-shirt and goodie bag. Any registrations on or after June 16th will receive a goodie bag but no t-shirt. Pre-registered participants may pick up their t-shirt and/or goodie bag on either Saturday, July 1st from 10:00 a.m. to Noon or Monday, July 3rd from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., at the Rotary Pavilion in Faurot Park.
REFUND POLICY: All payment transactions are binding and non-refundable
Race Day Registration
$15.00. Registration will open at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4th at the Rotary Pavilion in Faurot Park. Participants waiting until race day to register will receive a goodie bag but will not receive a t-shirt. Race day registration will close at 8:45 a.m. to ensure that all participants are entered into the chip timing system.
The Freedom 5K course is a 5 kilometer, 3.1 mile loop – beginning at the corner of South Cole Street & Lakewood Avenue, rolling through paved Downtown Lima streets, then onto the Ottawa Riverwalk and finally back into Faurot Park for the Finish. An alternate route (excluding the Riverwalk) will be used if weather requires. Mile splits will be given. The race course has two (2) water stations available along the race route. Free refreshments will also be available at the Finish.
Race Day Instructions
- Important: Please listen to the instructions that will be given before the start of the race.
- To insure that the chip timing system is accurate, the race bib must be clearly visible on the front of the torso, and pinned in all four corners.
- The race bib cannot be altered or modified (do not fold or wrinkle).
- Do not cover the race bib (jackets, runner’s belts, water bottles, stopping your watch and etc.
- Make sure you cross over the mats at the start and finish of the race. Allow space around you at the start to allow the system to pick up your bib. Do not crowd up to the person in front of you. Your chip time will not start until you cross over the mat. If you are not picked up by the system at the start you will be given a gun time only.
- If you are walking /pushing a stroller, please position yourself towards the rear of the pack. Runners pushing strollers should be in their appropriate mile time area.
- Walkers should really position themselves towards the back of the pack. Runners trying to get around walkers can cause a lot of congestion at the start of the race.
- Please try to keep towards the right during the race.
- At the race finishes… PLEASE DO NOT STOP…continue through the chute.
- After you have crossed the finish mats do not return to the finish area with your bib, the mats will try to pick you up again and may jeopardize the data from the current finishers.
- Get your refreshments.
Competition will be held in the following age groups for Men and Women: 10 & Under; 11-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; and 70 & Over.
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place finishers Overall for both men and women, as well as at least the top three men and women in each age division. NO duplications. Babies/Children in strollers are not eligible for awards. Final, detailed results will be posted on this website.
AT THE REQUEST OF OUR RACE COMMITTEE, PLEASE NO ROLLERBLADES, BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, OR PETS. THANK YOU!